There are currently no Erosion Control Field Days scheduled in 2020.
The agenda below is an example from 2019.
Dr. Rich McLaughlin leads discussion during a field demonstration.
Need to brush up on your erosion and sediment control practices? Hear about the latest research results that could help your operation work smarter and save money? Discuss issues and answers to common problems? In this workshop, you will take part in discussions and view demonstrations that illustrate the cost and effectiveness of a wide variety of options for designers, construction managers, grading contractors, inspectors, and regulators. Get first hand knowledge about new products and systems that are in use now to alleviate erosion, sediment, and turbidity control (ES&TC) problems. We will pay particular attention to turbidity control options in this workshop. Remember, it is possible to discharge reasonably clean stormwater from a construction site!
This workshop covers all this plus a field experience to solidify the knowledge gained in the classroom. Vendors will also be available to discuss products which might be useful for your projects.
|Surface outlet options and porous baffle functions are demonstrated at a recent workshop.|
We’ll answer your questions:
- What are some options for ground covers for erosion control, and how well do they work? How do we keep the straw in place?
- Are there alternatives to the standard “piles of rock” for sediment control around a construction site?
- If you have problems with turbidity in your discharges, such as complaints or lawsuits, what treatment options are out there? Are they safe in the environment?
- What are some considerations for performing inspections on construction sites?
- Once construction is complete, what are some options for fixing the soil and transitioning to post-construction stormwater systems?
Note: This workshop will involve a ½-day in the classroom followed by an afternoon of participatory demonstrations, so come prepared for the weather, water, and mud.
Please wear appropriate clothing for field demonstrations.
(hat, sunscreen, jacket, proper footwear, rain gear, etc.)
Participant: $125 (early fee)
Vendor @ $295
The registration fee includes refreshment breaks, lunch, and a certificate of attendance.
Booth Field Learning Lab
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
3741 Thistledown Dr.
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites
Professional Credit: 6 Hours